Happy New Year! I'll admit that New Years' is my least favorite holiday. Call me a party-pooper (Go for it. I'll wait.... done?!), but being single takes a whole lot of joy out of New Years'. Like I need a party to remind me that I'm departing one year and bringing in a new year SINGLE...while surrounded by kissing couples.
Anywho. I do wish you all a very, very Happy New Year! I hope that you have someone to kiss as the ball drops.
I'm not making resolutions this year. Instead, I have a few "wishes". For both you and I!
I wish us:
- Joy. The ability to see the joy of the little things even on really bad days.
- Health. I wish everyone a hospital-free year (except for those of you having babies!).
- Love. The love of finding your other half. The love of your parents, siblings, children, friends and extended family.
- A career/job you really enjoy! Doesn't matter if it's as a SAHM, doctor, teacher, etc. I hope you are where your skills lie, you feel appreciated, and you can't help but smile every morning at the prospect of another day on the job. :-)
- Perspective. (A weird one, I know!) I want
youus to realize how lucky we truly are. We have a roof over our heads, food to eat and most of the time our biggest worries are either paying a bill a few days late or concern over sitting in traffic too long.