Sweet Cole is letting me kick off this work week by guest posting on her blog, and I couldn't be more excited. I'm Mrs. Jones from Keeping Up with the Joneses. I've been blogging for a few years now, and I've made some fabulous friends through it. A writer by trade, I'm grateful for a place I can just be me - my words, my thoughts, my little place in the blogosphere.
I admit to being a little scatterbrained today. My Crimson Tide is officially BCS Championship bound, and I'm still walking on air JUST a teensy bit. :-)
Today I wanted to share my holiday season top five. You know, the things you'd never skip. The things you love. The things it's not Christmas without?
1) Trimming the tree. I love Christmas, and my house isn't complete without our big tree - and my little tree. Mr. Jones, my wonderful husband, indulges me and let's me put the little one trimmed in pink in our room. It's been my tree since I was a little girl, and I love seeing it as I fall asleep.
2) An extra special day. Dec. 20 is our anniversary. This year, we'll have been married for three years. Time is flying by. It's also our little puppy's "coming-home-aversary". She came home two years ago, on our first anniversary.
3) Family time. Spring is the busiest of seasons for my family, so the slow time we get to celebrate is always extra special.
4) Down time. I'm a lucky girl, and I get around 10 days off at Christmas each year. I love making some extra special meals, hot lunches, and getting our home back in order for the new year.
5) Pulling out the china. My Lenox Holiday china is a sentimental staple. My grandmother passed away when I was in middle school, but she left me a beautiful legacy. Each Christmas, from the time I was little, she gave me a place setting of this beautiful china. While I love Christmas, and china - the love that went into putting my set together makes me smile every time we use it. I leave our little kitchen table set for two all December, because it brightens up the house - and life.
And, of course, I get to pick this Christmas song of the day, so I leave you with Celine Dion's O Holy Night... a favorite song by a favorite artist.
Merry Christmas lovelies! What is your favorite thing about the holidays?