I'm thankful for:
- My parents. This has been a trying handful of months for them. Mom got her knee replaced & Dad has been dealing with both a work injury and a neck issue that should have been fixed years and years ago. I'm thankful that they are letting me support them the way they need right now. It isn't easy being the one to nurse your parents, help them through physical therapy or jump in and make sure that paperwork got completed...but it's needed sometimes. Being an adult sometimes means cancelling your plans and sitting at the hospital for days at a time. As a result, my parents and I have more of a open relationship than most I've seen.
- My brother. The kid gets off light in the "parent care" category...but he always picks up when I call him for help. He'll show up at a moment's notice to shovel a driveway, mow the lawn or let me vent. He has been one of my biggest supporters as I try and find what the next chapter of my life brings me.
- Bloggers. I'm a really shy person. Despite being really friendly, it's sometimes hard for me to make friends. Had you told me a few years ago that at some point I'd have 500 blog followers, I would have thought you absolutely nuts! Some of you fabulous ladies have become vital parts of my day/week. (I apologize if I space out and don't mention you below)
- Mrs. Jones is my favorite Google Talk buddy. I love that we don't say "hi" anymore...just jump right into the "guess what I just heard", "OMG, you'll never believe this", or "What's for dinner?" conversation.
- I fuzzy pink heart my dog people - Jessica, Kristine, Bethany, Camille, Caroline & Holly. Nothing says "love" like a pup that always wants to be with you. I'm grateful that others feel the same way I do.
- Sporadic tweet fests with Jane & Jill. New moms & doctors in training have some pretty interesting hours!
- Even if they don't mean to - Mrs. Smith and Jessica are great at showing me all the fun finds that I covet, but can't have. I live vicariously through their great purchases!
- Assorted crafty talk with Amber & Shell.
- I'm not a momma yet, but I hope I can be as awesome as Andrea & Beach Bum. :-)
- Every single who contributes recipes & nutritional articles to Tuesdays At The Table. Who knew that others like to cook as much as I do?!
- Celia is seriously the most optimistic girl I know!!
- I have met so many really cool people that like me just the way I am. I can't wait to meet more people! And...I will do a giveaway to celebrate having 500 fabulous followers. I'm thinking after Christmas. Mmmkay?! And if you'd like to sponsor a giveaway, let me know!
- Kristen & Heather aka Princess & Queen. My favorite cousin and her best friend are two of the people who I know will poke me if I get too quiet, cajole me into laughing, knitting or wine drinking when I need it most, and otherwise being the people who I know I can tell anything too and not have them judge me - too much. :-)
- Bad days. Yes, it sounds awfully dumb to be thankful for bad days. But I really believe that bad days put everything into perspective. Having a great day after a bad day, makes it SO. MUCH. BETTER!
- My dogs. Nothing makes me smile like their little faces. Their barks, squirming little bodies, wagging tails...love them, love them, love them!
What are you thankful for this year?
Oh...and all you lurkers out there?! I'm thankful for you too. Please leave a comment to say "hi" so I can come show some love to your blog too!